Last updated August 22, 2022
“The absolute savings I receive each year from IRCMS health insurance more than pays for my entire membership fee…and the camaraderie with fellow physicians is priceless!” Ralph Rosato M.D. and long-time member.
Invitation to Join
The Indian River County Medical Society (IRCMS)
Note: If you are already a 2021 member, thank you for your membership, and please share this information with any colleagues that you think might be interested in joining. Your personal recommendation is important.
I would like to invite you to join (or re-join) the Indian River County Medical Society (IRCMS), one of the oldest and most respected medical societies in the state. I know that you are asked to join many professional organizations, and I hope that the information that follows enables you to see the benefits of membership in the IRCMS.
- Information About Your Practice – When the public calls 211 to look for a doctor, they are referred to the IRCMS phone number (me). I then refer them to our website www.ircms.org. where there is a list of doctors and their specialties. As a member you may add your name, contact information, photo, and 25 words or less about your practice to the website.
- Low-Cost Health Insurance for Your Practice Staff – The IRCMS can provide lower-cost health insurance fully backed by Florida Blue. Currently we have eighteen medical society groups in our county that participate in this plan which is available only to members. They all reported significant savings in 2020. For more information, contact Lyle Ostrum at email@example.com.
- Workman’s Compensation Insurance with Experience-related Rebate - Rates for WC Insurance premiums are the same state-wide for each risk class. The IRCMS has a policy which offers the group end-of-year dividend if claims experience is favorable.
- Collaboration with County Medical & Health Professionals – In addition to sharing the latest information, the IRCMS can be counted on in times of emergency. For example, in collaboration with the IRC Health Department, we were able to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to nearly 250 medical and dental personnel not affiliated with Cleveland Clinic.
- Participation as a Volunteer – Many members of the IRCMS are volunteer specialty doctors with We Care. To learn more, go to www.wecareofirc.org.
- Supporting Medical Students - The IRCMS has established the Bertolette Scholarship for medical students at Florida State University’s program at Indian River State College’s Ft. Pierce campus (info and opportunity to donate at www.ircms.org.).
- Professional Development – The IRCMS offers opportunities to learn about the latest medical news and developments and can provide continuous medical education (CME) credits.
- Influencing Medical Legislation – members can join our MED-PAC to help influence medical-friendly legislation. Information at www.ircms,org.
- Sharing and Publishing – Through our newsletter, website and forthcoming “Journal of the IRCMS”, information can be shared.
- Networking – Opportunities to meet other healthcare professionals at our regular meetings.
- Leadership Opportunities - Our society encourages and welcomes members who want to participate on our executive team.
A MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION AND DUES INVOICE CAN BE DOWNLOADED BELOW.
Peace and Good Health,
Charles (Robi) Robinson, Ed.D.
Executive Director of the IRCMS
CLICK HERE to learn about our Newest Members • CLICK HERE to learn about New Member Benefits
Click to view FMA LEGISLATIVE BILL WATCHLIST
NEW MEMBER - Click here to learn more about a new IRCMS Member.
Archived News from November, 2020 through August 2021
BERTOLETTE SCHOLARSHIP FUND
On March 24, Dr Arley Indian River County Medical Society President Arley Peter, MD and Dr. Bertolette’s widow Sue present check to the
FSU scholarship named in Dr. Bertolette’s honor on March 29, 2022.
Click here for more info on the Bertolette Scholarship.
The Indian River County Medical Society is a non-profit, professional association comprised entirely of physicians (MDs and DOs). It was founded by eight physicians in 1947. Today, the Medical Society has over 130 members. IRCMS serves Indian River County as the county component of the Florida Medical Association and the American Medical Association, but is administratively and financially independent.
How Can We Help You?
Our goal is to aid Indian River County residents and visitors by providing information to meet their health care needs. Our members value the patient/physician relationship and appreciate the positive role that relationship plays in health care. We support ideas and programs that further the quality of medical care in our community.
IRCMS provides background information on all our members. If you are new in the area and seeking a physician, we will gladly provide you with names and background information of physicians who meet your specialty requirements. Search for a physician here.
Physicians join the Medical Society for a variety of reasons, including access to legislative representation and education that affects patient health care and best medical practices. But most of all, physicians affiliate with the IRCMS because they prioritize maintaining quality health care in our rapidly changing world. Get the IRCMS Membership Advantage - apply for membership.